Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Taonga time

Introduction
Every Friday Team 5 syndicate has the opportunity to rotate around classes for 1 hour and a half to learn about our teachers different passions, its called Taonga time . if you are wondering what Taonga time is it means treasure or special in Maori.

There are a number of groups taken by different teachers. Some of the groups are Science,Art,Sports,Music,Team Building and Kapa Haka. Kapa Haka was the group I was chosen for, Maori is one of my passions too. In kapa haka us students prepare for powhiri’s ,welcoming people and special events . We like to have our Waiata or songs in order to perform in .

I feel that being in Kapa Haka is fun, It also gives me confidence to perform and I also can learn new songs, my favourite song would have to be Kapioioi.




No comments: